Books24x7 Features and Instructions
Books24x7 provides full text to over 9000 Computer books in the areas of: Business & Culture, Databases, Desktop & Office Applications, Enterprise Computing, Graphic Design, IBM Redbooks, Networks & Protocols, Operating Systems, Programming, Telecommunications, and Web Development.
Note: When you click on any of the following links, you will be leaving the Boulder Labs Library site. You may wish to review the privacy notice on those sites since their information collection practices may differ from ours.
How to Register
- Books24x7 URL: http://library.books24x7.com
- Use an on-site computer to register, or come to the library for assistance.
- Enter your *agency* email address.
- Your email address will be your username.
Consult the Frequently Asked Questions for additional help.
- Use the drop down menu on the upper right.
- Choose "Technical Topics" or "Publisher".
- See also: Using Browse Tools.
Search by keyword, title, author, publisher or ISBN
- For title & publisher: type a word or phrase from the title or publisher, or the exact title.
- For author: type in name using last name only or with first name. Order does not matter, e.g. andrews jean, jean andrews.
- For ISBN: type in the ISBN with or without the hyphens, e.g. 1-57521-351-6 or 1575213516.
- Boolean operators are allowed: AND, OR, NOT, e.g. java and (JAR or files).
- Truncation is allowed: use * as the wildcard character, e.g. database perf*.
- See also: Search Options or Search Terms.
Using Your Bookshelf
The Bookshelf allows users to bookmark individual titles or sections/chapters.
- "Bookshelf Folders" are found on the left blue bar.
- Use "Manage My Folders" to add and organize folders.
Adding Books to the Bookshelf
- Find a book. See: Finding Books above.
- Select the Folder icon at the top of the page.
- Book is now available via "My Home" blue tab at top of page or "My Home Folders" at upper right.
- For more information, see: Bookshelf Folders.
Adding Bookmarks to Sections/Chapters of a Book